Thank you for considering Kitten fostering for Haslemere Centre. Here are some important points to consider before committing to fostering our Kittens:
• Fostering Kittens can be a time consuming activity. Kittens require regular and frequent feeding, on rare occasions bottle feeding every few hours will be required if the Kittens are very young and without their Mother.
• Fosterers should be reasonably local to the Haslemere Centre and have their own transport as frequent trips will be needed to collect litter, food and other consumables.
• A totally separate and secure room, or similar, is essential so that the fostered animals can be isolated from all other household pets. Heating and ventilation, as appropriate, is required.
• Ideally, Fosterers will be at home for the majority of the day and have some previous fostering experience. However, first-time Fosterers are very welcome and every assistance will be given.
• Volunteer Fosterers must be home checked beforehand to ensure the potential accommodation is OK and to allow a good discussion of fostering requirements and responsibilities.
• A Cats Protection (CP) Fostering Agreement will need to be read and signed. Nothing too legalistic, it mainly covers support that will be delivered to a Fosterer by CP.
A helpful CP leaflet covering Fostering is available via the Link below:
CP Fostering Information Leaflet
Kitten fostering can be demanding, but it is also a very rewarding task leading to well developed and socialised Kittens. If you are interested in volunteering or wish to ask questions, please contact Haslemere Centre on 01428-604297 and ask to speak to Suzie (Manager) or Siân (Dep Manager).